Old February 22nd 04, 03:22 PM
Michael Bonnycastle

Default HELP! Dry Mount, PMA QUESTION

HI,
I have been cutting 11x14 mats, in which I will tape in a standard
photo, (non ink jet)8x10 print, but
the photo will not be centered in the mat, because I have a cut-out
for an info plate
below it. I thought I might be able to get away with just ATGing the
photo/mat to foam core, and the photo would lay sufficiently flat,
however I am having doubts.
I don't want to go back to the the 3M Photomount spray, as I have
found it will bubble up some of the time, ruining the whole thing.
Does anyone know if I can use the 3-M POSITIONABLE MOUNTING ADHESIVE
to mount a photo already taped to a mat and then mount to foam board?
Then next question is, I am going to need to mount these in volume
so would I save any time going to a dry mount press in the long haul??
Positioning of the photo within the mat opening is important in this,
and I am concerned about losing some control when mounting the photo
to the backboard right at the start....
Thanks!!!
Mike