Old April 19th 21, 02:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Terry Pinnell[_2_]

Default IrfanView centering window after any resize?

Typo correction: last line should of course be
"The combination of both that and 'fit images to window' has caused the
issue."
====================

Terry Pinnell wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

sobriquet wrote:

On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 10:48:35 AM UTC+2, Terry Pinnell wrote:
Just noticed this odd behaviour. The option 'Put the window in the
middle of the screen when loading new image' is enabled. But if I
subsequently move it and then RESIZE it by dragging, it jumps back to
central position.

Updated to 4.57 (32-bit) but no change.

Terry, UK

I don't see how that is odd behavior. If you have the option *enabled* to center
the irfanview window, isn't it reasonable that irfanview re-centers the window
upon loading an image even if you have just moved the window off-center?
If you woudn't like irfanview to re-center the window every time a new image
is loaded, you should just *disable* that option in the settings.

Did you read my entire post?

"But if I subsequently move it and then RESIZE it by dragging, it jumps
back to central position."

Does that happen in your case? IOW, every time you adjust the size of
ANY image, no matter when it was first loaded, it jumps to a central
position? If so, are you happy with that? If not please advise, and I'll
pursue some cause unique to my PC. It's behaviour I've never seen before
in several decades of using the excellent IrfanView.

Here's the option again, with my emphasis on the key part:
"Put the window in the middle of the screen when loading new image."

However, I've now discovered that this only arises with the display
option that I normally use, namely 'Fit images to window'. If the
("recommended") option from the list of 12, "Fit window to image..." is
used, then the window behaves normally when dragged. I haven't tested
the other 10 options.

I reckon that this has just become apparent because I've only recently
started using the handy option to centre new windows. IOW the
combination of both that and fit to image has caused the issue.

Terry