Old January 17th 19, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest (waiting for specific offering)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:19:16 -0500, Alan Browne

On 2019-01-17 09:22, Alan Browne wrote:

The link you pointed to was referring to quantization noise in the
frequency domain, not the amplitude which is the issue at hand here.

Ooops... I should have said "time domain".

Nevertheless, the principle remains, the digitization of a
non-identical source signal can only be an approximation of the
original signal. The differences/errors manifest themselves as noise.

Eric Stevens