Old January 17th 13, 05:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

On 2013-01-16 21:21:51 -0800, "Steve B" said:

"Gordon Freeman" wrote in message
Peter Jason wrote:

Like laser pinpointing on rifles and pistols.

I need it for shooting from the hip at weddings
and the like when the exposure is set for
pinpoint.

Why not just strap a laser-sighted gun to the side of the camera? You
could
then also use it to weed out unwanted people from group shots before
pressing the shutter release.

You would certainly get the attention of any security person there, whether
it be private or commissioned officer. They have a very, very bad
disposition any time they are "painted" with a laser dot, and may react in
very unpredictable and unfriendly ways. And just what if ............... a
stray dot flies upward when shooting in the back yard, and you hit a billion
to one shot of the cockpit of an airliner. They react very quickly and will
report any such incident to homeland security. I know it is a reach, but it
could happen.

Steve

Yup!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._distances.gif