Old May 26th 04, 06:26 AM
Donald Qualls

Default K-14 Process- alternatives?

Some Dude wrote:

I have some Kodachrome KP40 that i've shot and am wondering if there
are alternative processes I can use other than sending it to Kodak for
processing using k-14. Perhaps E6?

I don't care too much about the pics but would like to at least get a
somewhat visible image.

If you can get some idea of starting times, you can process K-14 film in
B&W chemisty and obtain a B&W negative with the yellow filter layer
still in place (it's possible to remove the yellow filter layer, also,
but I don't recall how it's done -- it's part of the K-14 process).

Starting time can be roughly determined by putting a piece of leader in
your developer, and timing until (I'm told) it just starts to visibly
darken; develop for 20 times that interval. That should get you
printable images, if you can either print through the yellow layer
(which will act as either fog for graded papers, or a low contrast
filter for VC) or remove it.

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm