Old July 28th 04, 08:40 PM
Charles Schuler

Default Faint horizontal lines on 300D images

"Rowan Crowe" wrote in message
om...
I noticed some faint horizontal lines on a 300D print yesterday. I had
seen them on my new CRT monitor previously but I assumed that it was a
CRT oddity (I'm still getting used to moire after using an LCD for 3-4
years). At the time of the print I thought that I had a blocked jet,
but after some more editing just now I've realised that since both the
CRT and printer display it, the issue appears to be with the camera.

Is this normal? It shows in areas where there is a fair amount of one
colour, like sky. I'm hoping it's a normal quirk of the sensor rather
than something more serious like a half dead multiplexing transistor.

Here's a sample 1:1 crop of some sky, it's not the best example but
hopefully the lines are apparent.

Can't tell from your sample. I have a 300D and sometimes get faint
horizontal lines from my printer, but never see them on my monitor.