Old September 6th 18, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Old school WA

On 09/06/2018 04:20 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 6 September 2018 04:30:45 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
One way to get an entire train in frame.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/worlds-biggest-camera

I like the way the camera is described not as a FF or anything size related but a 1,400 pound camera.
I'd like to see his developing dish. He seemd to be quite a inovative photographer doing aerial shots using kites in 1905.

https://www.loc.gov/collections/pano...ge-r-lawrence/

I seem to vaguely recall reading somewhere that the negative was
developed inside the camera. But now I can't find anything that confirms
that. The only page I've found that even hints at developement says that
"later...used 10 gallons of chemicals." If the plate were developed
inside the camera, it wouldn't likely say "later". One page does mention
that before the plate was exposed, someone went into the camera via the
'lensboard' to dust off the plate. The glass plate negative was 8' by 4.5'.

--
Ken Hart