Old November 17th 17, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Ripe Apples

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 01:43:02 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 16 November 2017 18:26:53 UTC, PeterN wrote:
On 11/16/2017 5:26 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 16:50:23 UTC, PeterN wrote:

The in context and clear meaning of my statement is that glossy monitors
have issues displaying color gradations in the dark and shadow areas. My
conclusion was drawn after I had conversations with users, and
manufacturers representatives, including Apple.

what year was this ?
As I find it strange that a lot of pro photographers do use Macs, lots of graphic editors use Macs, lots of teching establishmetns use macs, we do here, specifically brough for multimedia teaching, the only time we use PCs is when quality doesnlt matter such as write up sending emails looking at websites, and teaching code writing and such.

My subject is not Mac vs PC. It is monitors.

So talk about monitors NOT the computer you're the one going on about PCs being upgradeable and how you have to buy another monitor and another graphics card and install a new HD, nowerdays I tened to get what I want in the package I prefer, I don;t feel the need to replace anything the next week month or even 18 months, I tend not to bother for about 3-5 years then upgrade.

My 'PC' upgrades come about once every six years.

In the early days of computers real upgrades came out faster so my upgrade path was about every 18 months.

Eric Stevens