Old November 15th 17, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Ripe Apples

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 03:24:05 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

Second you can't replace the screen with another of
different spec while retaining your existing hardware.

You can with a mac, just connect up the second monitor, I thought you could so that with PCs too, but maybe you can't.
But then again I've no reason to want to change my displat as I got the one I wanted with the computer.

Adding a second monitor is not the same as replacing the first one.

Why would we bother with those when we can buy sperate boxes where one can go on the floor on on the desk top.
You see desk tops were getting in the way they couldn't fit on the desk top !
so like you need space on the floor where they got kicked and of course one thing that you;ve ignored is that being at that level they suck in much more dust than they woukld on the desk.

I'm not working in a zoo and I have never had problems with dust.

So the advantage of my iMac is that I don't need extra space on the desk or on the floor or anywhere else. This is one of the reasons all in ones are popular and why iMacs sell.
You do know that the popularity of labtops is because they are all in one and portable, but again people make their own choices don't they.

I would be tempted too if I was in that situation. But I'm not.

Eric Stevens