Old November 14th 17, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Ripe Apples

On 11/14/2017 11:33 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

And when using a gloss monitor, although the highlights and mid range
colors are great, it is very difficult to see gradations of color in the
shadow to dark areas.

complete nonsense.

Most people may not care, but I do. I know the
gloss on Apple branded monitors is not as high as it used to be, but I
prefer to work on a matte surfaced monitor.

only because you've used ****ty glossy displays.

Gee, they were all Apple branded products.

Similarly, if I am submitting a print for a print competition, because
of the configuration of the light boxes they are usually viewed under, I
will print on a glossy surface, and underexpose by about a half stop.
OTOH if the print is going to be hanging on a wall, I will usually use a
matte paper. IOW I print for the conditions under which the image will
be viewed.

that has absolutely nothing to do with choice of display.

Only if you are a knee jerk Appleseed.

--
PeterN