Old April 30th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomm42

Default Nikon D70s and Tamron 90mm 2.5

On Apr 28, 9:55 pm, Denny B wrote:
Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
ring for the Tamron lens.

Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
Pentax 35mm film bodies.

Thank you in advance.
Denny B

I have a D70 and a Tamron 90 f2.5 and it works fine, just no
metering, and manual flash. The only down side is the lens only goes
to 1:2 magnification and you need an extension tube to get 1:1. You
have to take the mount off the lens connect the extension tube and
place the mount on the tube, unless you bought a Nikon mount for both,
kind of awkward. It might be better with the Nikor extension tube for
the 105. Very nice lens though, meters on my D200.

Tom