Old April 29th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Dyer-Bennet

Default Nikon D70s and Tamron 90mm 2.5

David Ruether wrote:
"Denny B" wrote in message news:iWSYh.7879$Dq6.42@edtnps82...

Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
ring for the Tamron lens.

Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
Pentax 35mm film bodies.

B&H used to sell Adaptall 2 Tamron-Nikon AIS
mounts for around $25. With it, the lens will mount
and operate properly (except for AF and metering
and auto-exposure modes), as if it were an MF AI
Nikkor. If you use TTL flash in your macro work,
exposure is also taken care of...

Nope, TTL flash is an "auto-exposure mode", and hence won't work on that
body with non-chipped lenses.

But a test shot or two and some examination of the histogram gives you
*much* more information anyway, so except for certain kinds of
fast-moving situations, no problem.