Old October 24th 05, 05:18 AM

Default Canon A70 Lens stuck? Help! Have you had yours repaired?

Hi,
I've got a 3 year old A70 Camera with 8000 photos taken on it. I turned
it on the other day and the lens didn't fully open. No lights came on,
no lcd, no error codes. Press the power button again, and the lens
tried to close, but didn't quite make it either. Tried everything I
could think of, including gently helping the lens to close, but no
dice. And now, it doesn't even do that. I've changed batteries, changed
cards. Can you think of anything that I can try?

Alternatively, have you had yours repaired? What was the issue, and how
much did it cost? I'm trying to decide if I should replace it, or fix
it.

Thanks,
Colin
colinnewsgroup at hotmail.com