Old May 7th 18, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Wildflower Triathlon Time

On May 7, 2018, Joe Makowiec wrote
(in 4.115.223):

On 06 May 2018 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

It is that time of the year again, so we have the Wildflower
Triathlon at Lake San Antonio, and I got a few shots (485) of some
of the competitors on part of the 53 mile bike stage.

Here is a sampling of 9 shots:
https://adobe.ly/2FOhHvb

I like number 9 (DSF6645) - the guy with the mirrored helmet. I like the
way the road is reflected in his helmet, and the look on his face. (Or is
that a visor or shades?) Good composition - wide enough to give context,
tight enough to emphasize the face.

Thanks for the comment. As to the guy with the reflection, that is a visor
lifted off his face, and sitting on top of his helmet. The location for the
shot is at the top of a 2 mile, climb with a very steep grade, and the
temperature was 80ºF+ (26.6ºC+). So I guess he was trying to get a bit
of air on his face.

The interesting thing about the reflection is I made an unintentional self
portrait showing me at the side of the road, as I also did in the shot of the
girl with the blue reflective sunglasses (DSF6604).

BTW: I have added another 5 shots.

Savageduck