Old February 11th 11, 04:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/10/2011 4:54 PM Cheesehead spake thus:

On Feb 10, 4:53 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

It's not clear you've tried to remove and clean the rear cell; have
you? If not, you should. What've you got to lose? If in fact the
cement is clouded (which I think is probably unlikely), you've got
to replace the thing anyhow (or have it recemented), so why not
just pull it out and clean it? It ain't rocket surgery, you know.

I have, of course, unscrewed the cell from the shutter and observed
that the fogging is inside the rear cell.

Well, did you try to clean the outer surfaces? Sorry, not clear from
your postings.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.