Old June 10th 10, 09:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Default Councillor Anderson, handheld at full zoom

Bob Williams wrote:
Dudley Hanks wrote:
http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...orAnderson.jpg (full
size)

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...ersonSmall.jpg
(fast loading)

Visited City Hall this morning and brought along the SX120 in order to
see how it works at full zoom.

Took this pic from the back of the room, handheld at 1/100 sec (360mm).

I'm sure you will find a bit of camera shake, but I'm really
interested in how the barrel distortion appears, ditto for purple
fringing...

Appreciate anything you can tell me.

Take Care,
Dudley

Actually ....Not Bad......Not bad at all for indoor lighting, and hand
held at FL=360mm (eq.)

Well, the camera's full name is SX120-IS, and the IS
may help ;-)

I was certainly (initially) astonished
by what my little Canon A590IS could do in this regard,
compared to my previous Canon A630.

BugBear