Old January 13th 18, 02:06 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Mayayana

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

"Eco Clean" wrote

| Windows sign printing freeware?
| Does it exist?

There are different ways to go about that. These
days many signs are done with vinyl plotters, to create
adhesive vinyl letters. If you want an oval around
the edge that's a different issue. For that I'd use
an editor like Paint Shop Pro, then enlarge the image
to print templates.

A few years ago I wrote a small program for my
brother who's a sign painter. He never used it much.
He's better at hand-drawing large letters than he
is at using a computer. But it's basically what you're
describing: Enter a character, point size and font.
The program prints it onscreen. It can then be
saved as a BMP or sent to your printer. If you
save it you could also work on it further in a graphic
editor. (Enlarge, paste with other text, etc.)

I just tried it out. A 600pt capital A in verdana
printed about 6" high.

It's free to use if you want it. Nothing special.
It just does the one job of printing characters large:

http://www.jsware.net/Files2/fontpics.zip

Aside from that I don't know of anything. You
might find commercial software, but I don't
think there's much call for non-commercial
sign-making software. And a commercial operation
these days would probably be using vinyl. Once
one has invested in the plotter it saves a lot
of labor.