Old April 19th 15, 04:01 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Savageduck[_3_]

Default paint mixing, named colors

On 2015-04-19 14:35:48 +0000, Dale said:

On 04/19/2015 10:26 AM, Davoud wrote:
Dale:
in painting and maybe many-colorant systems, I think a "mathematical"
software mixing program, in coordination with a spectral/color
measurement device might have a market

I think you're right. My local Sherwin-Williams store has had such a
device for years. Take a color sample to the store and a digital
colorimeter will measure the color and automatically add the correct
pigments to the base white to reproduce your sample color with amazing
precision.

forgot about that, they have been doing it for a long time

my thoughts were around expensive fine art paints where you have
several paints that are typical mixed by trial and error or memory of
past trial and error

you could have a software with a chromaticity diagram where you add
paints and mix them oriented to an end user like a fine art painter

Check with Pantone. Perhaps they could come up with something for you.
https://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx

Savageduck