Old August 4th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
AAvK

Default Fuji S6500

"Greenbrightly" wrote in message ps.com...
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could share some opinions on this camera?
I'm considering buying one as I quite like the look and feel and also
the spec.

Thanks.

Neil

I did my research on the review sites and bought one, mine is the same as the
s6500 but it is the s6000fd US version. I am definitely happy I did! It is really
quite a camera for the money. At the time, there was a $50 rebate, took advantage
no problem.

It is a very solid performer, color, sharpness and detail are incredible, at least in
comparison to my first, the Nikon e950 of '99. It is not an action camera in raw
mode (6-9 seconds between shots), but it can be in high jpeg mode. It operates
super cleanly and solidly, they did a great job writing it's OS, which is easy to
follow (very), but it needs a few innovative features, which would be possible.

It can be very well used as an artistic camera and a family one, though it is the
size and weight of a small D-SLR (my hands are BIG!). The 28mm wide is very
nice but the 300mm is not really enough, and it's up coming replacement (s8000fd)
will have a longer lens (under 500mm) but a smaller CCD. It is always: the size
of the taking element, whether film or chip, decides not only the numbers of focal
length, but as well the size of the whole lens. With CCD sizes and film frame sizes...

the_larger_the_better.

But, price for quality is a high value with this camera. Just two months ago the count
of images on www.pbase.com by the s6000fd was just over 3,000 - now it is up over
5,000! You take a look there.

There are some things any thinking photog would want with this maching, but for the
money... it's quite good. Also consider the s9500.

--
})))* Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com