Old June 18th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Funk

Default Is a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM worth the price?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:54:41 -0400, B. Dover wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:20:14 -0700, wrote:

Costco is selling this lens for $199. Would you buy it?

Thanks
Dano

B/H is listing this lens at $159.99 and it is well worth the money. It
is not as sharp wide open as a more expensive canon lens that costs
two or three times as much but unsharp mask can level the playing
field surprisingly well.

Ben

Before I read your response here, I looked up the 70-300mm IS lens,
and it's $550 (imported (gray market) is $20 less), but both are out
of stock.
Does anyone know if this lens is being replaced? It's relatively new.

United Nations chief nuclear weapons inspector
Mohamed ElBaradei tried to cool tensions between
the U.S. and Iran Thursday. He said it would be
an act of sheer madness to attack Iran over its
refusal to freeze their nuclear program.
So it's a go.