Old August 7th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default Using Circular Polarizing Filters for Digital Infrared Photography

Ah, so you are a professional photographer. You should have said. I
almost went into astrophysics but went into computer science instead.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/

Joseph Miller wrote:
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for that input. Makes perfect sense and With my Hoya filters I
was seeing more effect visually than the camera was.

Where do you go to get these custom filters made?

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/

The custom filters would not work with normal cameras. They are quite
bulky, fragile, and can require careful alignment. I'm an astronomer and
use them on very big telescopes (e.g., the Keck Telescopes) to measure
polarization of faint astronomical objects.

Joe