Old May 23rd 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.misc
Peter[_3_]

Default Removing diamond grid pattern from scanned images

"alrafter" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 24, 3:08 am, AnotherAmateur wrote:
I'm scanning old photos, and some of these photos have a very heavy
diamond pattern (please see image
link).http://www.hali.org/imageProblem.jpg
Does anyone know how I might be able to eliminate this pattern from
the image using Photoshop?
Thanks in advance!
-Jim

The best way to avoid this is in your scanner settings before you
scan, I don't know which scanner you are using but there is usually an
option called descreening, or the setting for a magazine/newspaper
photo.

In Photoshop at 100% view
FilterBlurGaussian Blur 3 +or-; then
FilterSharpenUnsharpen MaskAmt 85, R 1, Th 4; or Amt 65 , R 3, Th 2
and back off; then
Levels adjust Contrast...viola