Old September 6th 06, 08:11 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
James Glidewell

Default Newbie questions about camera settings

Paul Rubin wrote:
"jeremy" writes:

And then, one day, we realize that the ONLY THINGS left to remind us of the
activities and milestones in our lives are those thin pieces of paper upon
which are printed the photos we took, or the CDs that contain the image
files. And that is when we look back and wish that we had bought the better
camera, with the better lens, and had made bigger prints, rather than those
drug store discounted ones.

What I've seen in those situations is that a low res print of Grandma
makes the viewer every bit as happy as a high res one does, as long as
the subject is identifiable.

That's my experience as well. I don't think that the difference between
a two megapixel image and a six megapixel image is going to make any
real difference in the sentimental value of the image.

What _will_ matter is if you have any images at all - please *back*
*up* your photos, folks... preferably with at least one copy offsite.

Although I do have to say that I think Jeremy would make an _excellent_
camera salesman. :-)