Old June 17th 05, 09:22 AM
David J Taylor

Default OT? Panasonic FZ20, first shots in low light

Ryadia wrote:
Lets start a precedent for this group and accept a post clearly not
about a DSLR, shall we?

If anyone is interested, I shot some low light pics with the new
Panasonic FZ20 I bought last week. I bought it to shoot silently
inside churches and for those moments when the DSLRs are just too
clumsy. http://www.technoaussie.com/gallery/FZ20-Pics

I might point out it's performance in good light is not too shabby at
all. And all the chatter about high noise in low light doesn't seem to
be as bad in real life!

Douglas

The folks in the newsgroup:

rec.photo.digital.zlr

would probably be interested as well. I have stuck with the lowest ISO
setting (80) when using my FZ5, and my observation is that at long
exposures it may do an automatic dark frame subtraction. Haven't played
enough to confirm that, though.

Which, specifically, are the low-light shots in that gallery?

David