Old November 2nd 03, 02:58 AM
Mr3

Default Lense selection for FUJI S2 DIGITAL CAMERA

Your 28-100 should do the trick.
Lens choice is important, but for web images, composition, lighting, and
gamut control should be high on your list of concerns.

Standard jpeg web images are limited to 216/256 colors at 72 dpi with most
images sized at 400x600 or less. Your camera/lens is capturing images with
millions of colors and pixels; most of which will be 'lost' in the final web
image. Lens quality is not going to be very apparent in the final image.

Assuming dial-up bandwidth, your jpeg images shouldn't exceed 20-30KB. That
means heavy compression and marginal clarity. Even at DSL/T1 bandwidth,
200-300KB jpeg files can still be pretty blurry when magnified.
Publishing high quality images on the web is always a tradeoff between
reasonable access times and acceptable quality. Try your existing 28-100
lens and consider PDF files for higher quality.
TBL; your lens is not the issue.

HTH

Mr3

"shrestha" wrote in message
om...
I just bought FUJI S2 digital camera with 28-100 f3.5-5.6 and 70-300
f4-5.6 Nikkor lenses. It was package deal so i had to buy those
lenses. I am in business of selling jewelries in internet. I take
pictures of different size jewelry pieces. They are as large as 15" x
6" necklaces or 3" x 3" bracelets down to as small as 1/2" rings or
pins. What macro lenses are recommended to take pictures of these
items to get sharpest pictures possible? Thanks for your comments.