Old March 4th 15, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A Different GDR Tool

On 2015-03-04 19:25:52 +0000, Savageduck said:

In the April edition of Photoshop User magazine, which was focused on
an editorial theme I am not particularly intrested in, wedding
photography, I found in the "Product Review" section, a review on
Unified Color's "HDR Express 3".
HDR Express 3 is a trimmed version of their top of the line "HDR Expose
3" and the review was enough to bait me into visiting their web site.

To cut to the chase, I have dowloaded the 30 day trial. It installs as
a stand-alone, and PS, & LR plug-ins. I have run a few tests of some
old 5 exposure bracket sets, and I am impressed.
I deliberately picked sets which had major ghosting issues due to
movement of people in the background. This was an issue neither NIK HDR
Efex Pro 2, nor PS HDR Pro have not been able to solve completely. HDR
Express dealt with the ghost movement & image alignment easily.

Then for those not favoring the surreal look of much HDR rendering this
seems to aim at producing realistically rendered images, and does so
quite succesfully.

They have a fair number of video tutorials available and I think this
is going to be my future go-to HDR tool

Just as another image processing tool to play with, give the trial a test.
http://www.unifiedcolor.com/products/hdr-express-3

Here is the result for my set with the ghosting problem, shared with
Adobe CC & DB sharing;
http://adobe.ly/18kdrTj
https://db.tt/SveGaRIl

....and here is another 5 exposure HDR with a ghosting issue, namely the
folks walking on the pier, and birds.
https://db.tt/y2GSamf5

Savageduck