Old September 26th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Dave Platt

Default Infrared photography

In article .net,
DaveC wrote:

Seems straightforward (notice the absence of the term "simple").

Can you give a URL for such a piece?

The proper thickness of the replacement glass should be...? Should it be the
same thickness as the filter removed from the imager?

Edmund Optics (the "pro" side of Edmund Scientific) was a recommended
source for this sort of optical glass, in one article I read on a P&S
IR conversion. http://www.edmundoptics.com/

Yes, you want a piece that is as thick as the "hot mirror" filter that
you are removing from the camera's existing optical path.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO