Old February 6th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
HankB

Default long-time Nikon F2AS user -- which SRL digital is best?

On Feb 6, 12:42 pm, maya wrote:

oh my gosh, two people say I should look @ D200 instead... ok, what
are main differences, please, between D200 and D80 that will make it
worth it (i.e., justifiable) for me to purchase the D200..

One of the biggest is that the D200 will meter with non-AF lenses. If
you have a large investment in Nikon glass that you would like to use
with the DSLR, they will be easier to use with the D200.

And of course, the D200 is overall a better camera with metal body and
more features. I don't own one, but IMO the only way to go wrong with
it is to spend the $$$ and not use it.

If the $$$ are a concern, then consider the D80. Depending on the
subject matter, metering may not be an issue. You can instantly review
the captured image and use the graph (struggling for the correct
term... Histogram! That's it) to review exposure.

I have a D50 and could not be happier. Well... I suppose a D200 would
make me happier. But I honestly have to say that I have plenty of room
to improve with the D50. (IOW, I am not skillful enough to take better
pictures given a better camera. Yet.

HTH,
hank