Old January 19th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default for macro photography, which is better, extension tubes or macro diopter filters.

Sorry about that, the 70-300 can magnify to 1:2, or 1/2 life size only. I
had the ratio backward. If it went to double life size, i certainly wouldnt
need tubes or diopters.

"Dave" wrote in message
default wrote:
Thanks Stacey.

I bought some 58mm diopter filters and have tried them with both my 18-55
and my 70-300mm lenses. The 70-300 already could reach 2:1 without
filters. So far they are a lot of fun and seem to be working great. I
haven't noticed distortions in the pictures and they seem nice and bright
and sharp.

Snip

I just wonder why no one has asked what 70-300 lens he has that goes to 2x
life size.