Old January 18th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default for macro photography, which is better, extension tubes or macro diopter filters.

In article , Dave
writes
default wrote:
Thanks Stacey.
I bought some 58mm diopter filters and have tried them with both my
18-55 and my 70-300mm lenses. The 70-300 already could reach 2:1
without filters. So far they are a lot of fun and seem to be working
great. I haven't noticed distortions in the pictures and they seem
nice and bright and sharp.

Snip

I just wonder why no one has asked what 70-300 lens he has that goes to
2x life size.

I must say that I wondered that, if it does then why bother with using
tubes to get a mere 1:1?
--
Ian G8ILZ