Old June 7th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Default Cokin adapter for Hasselblad

Bruce wrote:
"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote in message
Bruce asked:

I have a 'blad 503CW with the CFE 2.8/80 lens and I would like to get an
adapter for the P series Cokin filters. I think what I need is the "Cokin
Series P Hasselblad B60 Adapter Ring". Can anyone verify that?

That is correct.

You would do better using filters (and adapters) from other manufacturers,
like Lee or Cromatek.
The Cokin thingies aren't exactly the best you can get.

Thanks for the response. I realize that the Cokin filters are not the best
however I already have a number of them and so I just wanted to leverage
them, if possible to do so at a low cost.

A pro I know has a lot of Cokin filters that he uses for MF shooting
(nature, landscapes). He mainly uses the grads for dusk or dawn shots.
Despite the Cokins being plastic (acrylic?) his after 10 years were
hardly scratched. He's a very "deliberate" shooter.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.