Old November 17th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
John Navas[_2_]

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:52:05 -0500, "Neil Harrington"
wrote in
:

"John Navas" wrote in message
news

Since the lens is designed by Leica and built to Leica standards, I'd
personally say it's a Leica (without quotes).

Well, "designed by Leica" is one thing and "built to Leica standards" is
another. You think E. Leitz has real Leitz employees scrupulously inspecting
every "Leica" lens made somewhere in eastern or southeastern Asia?

They are actually made in Japan, and Leica does indeed have people
inspecting the manufacturing process. It's no different for any other
brand being made in an overseas factory. My IBM ThinkPad was still an
IBM ThinkPad even though it was built in an overseas contract facility.

Current EVF have gotten very good, and can now do things that can't be
done with an optical viewfinder, including 100% image, visible image in
very low light, and magnification while focusing, not to mention image
replay.

You bet. Now if they could only do half those things with anything
approaching the clarity of a real reflex viewfinder system, what a wonderful
world this would be.

Seems pretty clear to me. That's as compared to optical viewfinders on
my Canon SLRs.

--
Best regards,
John Navas