Old December 30th 05, 10:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default More on Canon Rebel XT noise at high ISO - 2 main new data points

"All Things Mopar" wrote in message

2) Despite being careful on Programmed Auto in both flash
and available light, some of the pics I took with the
store's camera and pics I took in my house with my own,
are a stop or 2 underexposed.

Known issue on Digital Rebel and Rebel XTs. Use + EC.

What means "+ EC"? Don't know it, didn't get anything
Googling, can't find it in the manual (unless I've blind). I
know what EV is...

Exposure compensation. I'm a relative newbie to photography and since
you're an experienced photographer I thought you would know what EC is. It
sounds like most of your noise trouble is due to underexposure.

Greg