Old June 6th 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Does anybody have an answer?

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 10:33:38 GMT, "footless crow"
wrote:

I'm not too sure about the practicalities of the modular idea but I
certainly think that the DSLR manufacturers are missing something.
It would be good to see a digital version of an utterly simple but
very high quality camera such as the Nikon FM.
Personally, I have no use for many features e.g. the tft display as I
re-take
the shot if I'm unsure of exposure etc.

Clearly you have never used one of the modern cameras. There is no
easier way to check the exposure than by viewing the histogram or
having the burned out high-lights indicated.

This is less time consuming than
fiddling about with the tft display controls.

By using the display properly you are not left unsure, you 'know' and
you know both what and why. Thats better than taking another shot on
the grounds that you weren't sure of the last one and hope to be more
sure of the next.

As modern DSLRs are festooned
with controls, it's too easy to accidentally put the camera into an
unintended
mode and it's not possible to use an ever-ready case due to the controls
on the back of the camera.

You are writing rubbish and I strongly suspect you are a troll.

Eric Stevens