Old September 15th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul[_6_]

Default D90 & Movie Mode

"nospam" wrote in message

But, why have a 6 minute limit?

the real reason is that a 'video camera' is taxed differently, so by
limiting it, it doesn't qualify as a 'video camera.'

This is quite possible. I remember ordering a camera from the US and
apparently the duty you have to pay is different if you buy a body compared
to if you buy a body with a lens. Something like that anyway, I let them
sort it out to be honest, so can't really remember.

That said, I think that the file size limits of the OS are the real reason.