Old September 9th 07, 06:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Casio 12 meg any good?

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:53:58 -0700, "just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom
wrote:

wrote in message
t...
I just bought a Casio EX-Z850 and am really disappointed in the
results.
It's a 8.1 Megapixels camera.
I have a friend that has a Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro, it's a 6 MP,
interpolated to 12 mp.

Bottom line is that the Fuji has a true 6 meg file, and the Casio has
a 3 meg file in file manager.

The Fujifilm portraits almost look like they were made from film, not
pixels
And the Casio is sharp to the point of counting the pixels.

Nothing to do with file size or megapixels. Your problem sounds like the
images have too much sharpening for your tastes and you want a softer look.
If the camera will not let you adjust you could always do some softening in
post-processing.

You solved the problem. There is a submenu item that lets you soften
or sharpen the immage. Well, on 0 the portraits and pictures of my
dog were sharp to a fault. I had to go to minus 2 to get a normal
(smooth) looking picture.
Now, I love this camera.
Thanks ALL for the help. I appreciate the honesty and I ain't buying
a camera unless it's a SLR type that has a real appeture range. But
since I have an Olympus E10, and only use it once every 6 months,
I'll probably keep the E10 for more advanced operations.. Even
theough The 2 stop apeture range on the Z850 is limiting, it is
usable, cause of the shutter speed range.
OH yea, this camera without a tripod is a paperweight... a tripod
should be glued to the bottom!
Regards,
Ron
Again,