Old October 17th 05, 01:38 AM
ian lincoln

Default Film Compact Vs Digital Compact.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I sick of seeing all these film Vs Digital pages on the net comparing
film and digital SLRs. For a start no matter what result they get
(either in favour of film or digital) its nearly always inacurate since
they are comparing the images rather than prints and the film images
are rarly Drum scanned and even if they were they are still 3rd party
images, I am bored of them and no longer bother.

What I would like to see is a Film Compact Vs Digital Compact test, Ill
be putting my Fuji F10 up against my Olypus XA soon. Ill then get the
results printed at 9x6 and then scan the prints, Pointless I know, but
its really to settle an argument I got into and to be honist at ISO 400
(witch the test will be caried out at) I think the result is a forgone
conclusion.

Are there any other links to Film P&S Vs Digital P&S tests.

Been shooting since i was 11. 21 years. The digitals win. Best contestant
was the powershot 105. It was enormous. Didn't always focus on what i
thought it should but did a mostly good job. Sharpest lens going.