Old February 5th 05, 06:52 PM
David J Taylor

All Things Mopar wrote:
[]
While on the subject of "fat fingers", I'm *always*
accidently putting my finger on the litte button on the
side of the camera that controls the JPEG compression.
Sometimes I don't spot that I've accidently switched from
"fine" to "normal" or "basic" until I've taken a bunch of
ruined shots, so I have to scurry back and try again. I
wish that this feature was either in Setup or needed a 2nd
button to make it work. Bad ergonomic design IMHO.

Thanks for your help. If you have any other suggestions
for me after reading my clarification, I'd be
appreciative.

I wish I did, Jerry, but I think I'm at the limit of my knowledge.
Perhaps if you can get a loaner of another camera to compare, you could
consider selling the 5700. Not a very positive thing to say, but if the
design is faulty (and as your Fuji 4900 proved) then you aren't going to
get very far.

You'll know that whilst I've kept the 5700 for now, I've tried the 8400,
and if you can manage with 85mm maximum focal length that may be a
possibility (there are no easy to press compression level buttons, I know
just what you mean!). I know it's a bit late to ask now, but why did you
move from the Fuji 4900?

Cheers,
David