Old September 29th 09, 07:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

Default Priming new lithium ion battery for full capacity

"Anecdotal Evidence" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:30:52 +1000, "Pete D" wrote:

"Anecdotal Evidence" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:28:47 +0100, Eddie wrote:

Does a new lithium ion battery need a few charge and discharge cycles
to be able to hold and delivery its full capacity?

ISTR a new lithium ion needed a few cycles but when I checked on how
much percentange improvement the extra cycles provided, I couldn't
find any clear recommendation.

Yes, new Li-Ion batteries can use a few full charge and discharge cycles
before they start to show their true capacity. I wouldn't go out of my
way
and do this intentionally in some charger that offers a discharge cycle
because the gain doesn't seem to be all that great and you'd only end-up
losing out on a few charge cycles from the battery's life. I don't know
the
exact percentage gained, and I'm sure it's dependent on each
manufacturer,
but rough guess is maybe 10-20% more after a few cycles. It is apparent
they last longer (hold more charge) after a few uses. Just use them from
full to empty in your camera a few times and by the 3rd or 4th time
they're
doing the best they can.

Evidence, links? Just made this up didn't you?

What part of the phrase "Anecdotal Evidence" do you fail to comprehend?
You
****ingly useless major troll and moron.

This is the same way that I found out that defragging flash-media will
improve its write performance when it becomes sluggish, BY TESTING IT
MYSELF. Contrary to all the popularized BS posted all over the net by fool
trolls like you who only know how to parrot others' inexperienced
nonsense.
These newsgroups are crawling to the rafters with fools like that, just
like you.

Go ahead, use Google again to read the most popular links, made popular by
fools who are more than happy to accept the most popular dumbed-down
explanations. All because it sounds good and everyone else wants to
believe
it too so they can feel accepted by all their other fellow fools. Their
need to feel as if they belong to the majority overwhelms their ability to
think, act, and reason for themselves. Whereas more intelligent people
will
read those pages further down in the Google search that might have valid
information created by those who never take the first and most popular
answer as the correct one, or would rather test things independently of
all
others.

Google = Easily parroted misconceptions authored by laymen exponentially
multiplied and popularized by lazy, inexperienced, insecure, and ignorant
minds.

Wiki pages being even worse than that.

"Facts" have been reduced to a an uneducated blind-following-sheep's
popularity contest.

You are living proof.

LOL, and LOL again....