Old December 25th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Memory card question--Sony or SanDisk

I have 3 Sony ditigal cameras and 2 sony camcorders that used memory
sticks for photos, I have used SanDisk Memory Sticks, both regualar
and Pros and have never and I mean never had a problem. It would not
suprise me that they come from the same factory as Sony.

Christ, you can buy twice or more total memory for the same dollar
value by not buying the inflated Sony name brand.

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 23:14:32 -0500, kayla afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote:

So I probably would be better off to buy a Sony brand and be sure.

Lori

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:23:20 -0500, Stephen Henning
wrote:

kayla afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote:

Can I use a SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo which costs a third of
the Sony brand? What is the difference between the two?

I have a SanDisk 1GB card which repeatedly generates errors in the
files. It has a 5 year warranty. It is not the camera since I have
Lexar, PNY, Dane Elec, and other SanDisk cards that work perfectly. I
contacted SanDisk and they say, where does Sony/Minolta state that the
SanDisk is compatible with their camera? And I say, they don't but
SanDisk says that their disk is compatible with my camera on the SanDisk
website compatibility chart. So, what I am saying is that apparently the
SanDisk warranty is worthless.