Old August 28th 05, 01:35 PM
Skip M

"Stacey" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:

"Stacey" wrote in message
Father Kodak wrote:

Which older Nikon lenses wouldn't do justice to a
full-frame digital sensor?

You'll have to wait for a full frame camera to find out. Just look at
the
examples from canon's wide zooms to see how poorly a digital FF sensor
can react to use with a "legacy" lens. At least the newer Nikon zooms
are
being
designed with a longer exit pupil distance so they at least have a good
chance of being FF friendly.

--

Stacey

Again, Stacey, the 17-40 isn't a "legacy" lens, it postdates the 1D
somewhat.

But they still failed to design it to be digital sensor friendly.

Which doesn't explain the WA shot on Canon's website, I'll
agree. But I still want to know why, if digital res is just equal to
film,
the performance of the WA lenses significantly worse on full frame
digital
than
on film. After all, the sensor size is similar.

Yet the ability for them to deal with off axis light rays isn't even close
to the same.

--

Stacey

As Dimitri explained so eloquently. Finally got an answer...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com