Old February 20th 18, 06:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar

Tony Cooper wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 23:04:48 -0600, Savageduck
wrote:

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:02:03 -0500, "Mayayana"
wrote:

"newshound" wrote

| Reminds me of an old Spike Milligan joke. Man goes to his priest,
| "Father is it wrong to want to look at pictures of naked women?"
| "Of course it is my son, otherwise we would all be doing it".

That's a good one. I've never heard of Spike
Milligan. But I recognize that uniquely Catholic
perversion.

N E V E R H E A R D O F S P I K E M I L L I G A N ?

What is the world coming to?

He probably hasn’t heard of Peter Sellers, and Harry Secome either.

Then there was Spike’s self composed epitaph; “I told you I was sick.”

Was "The Goon Show" ever shown on US television? I've seen clips, but
I don't recall anyone ever watching the show regularly.

The “Goon Show” was live radio, not TV, and vintage shows are available via
streaming on several apps including iTunes, and Tunein Radio. Due to the
English side of my family I was exposed to the Goons starting in the
1950’s.

Americans (I have no idea where "newsguy" is from) would know Sellers
from "The Pink Panther", "Dr Strangelove", and other movies but might
not know that he was in "The Goon Show".

Far from being in the “Goon Show” his role as a multi-character actor in
that show was what led to his later career.

There is a tie here to photography, you know. Sellers and Antony
Armstrong-Jones were close friends.

That was due to the Royal family being great fans of the “Goon Show”.

.... and I believe Armstrong-Jones had an “h” in his Anthony.

Savageduck