Old March 24th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dave

Default flash unit for Canon Rebel

On Mar 23, 6:02 am, Wolfgang Weisselberg
wrote:
Dave wrote:
Does the Sigma support the E-TTL II standard utilized by the 30D?

Any E-TTL capable flash is also E-TTL II capable, the differences
are in the camera firmware.

-Wolfgang

As I recall, if you look in the Metz website, you have to have a newer
adapter module for their E-TTL flash (the particular model which I
have) if you are using it with the 30D. I have a D60, and it the E-
TTL-capable Metz flash is compatible with it but not with my newer 30D
- I've confirmed that both in practice and with the Metz website. The
Metz adapter module for the D60 I use is not forward-compatible to the
newer standard.