Old September 21st 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill

Default Nikon D200 vs. D80

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message
.. .
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bill wrote:

As far as the article's
accuracy, it appears to be quite accurate. All stats are
tabulated
and
compared precisely. That link was indeed a decent post.

For comparison to see if you need the D200 over the D80, perhaps.
But
there are factual errors, such as the sensor being the same as the
D200 (it is not), no mirror lockup (it has it), etc.

I can't find in the specs from Nikon where it says the D80 has
mirror lockup.

Look again...

Also, both the D80 and the D200 sport a 10.2MP sensor 3872x2592
pixels. Seems
the same to me.

It may seem the same, but then the Sony may seem the same as the D200,
but it's not.

If the lockup is the same as for the D70(s) then it is indeed only
for
cleaning. You can't use it to photograph an image and avoid mirror
slap
vibration. I admit that I am not sure about this feature without
doing more
research.

The lockup is not the same as the D70.

Clearly you don't know much about the D80, so how can you argue that
Rockwell is right when I have already shown he is wrong in the first
10% of his so-called "review"?

Let's cull some of your multiple responses into this one so we can all
see what's going on.

Really? They both have a 10.2MP 3872x2592 sensor. Care to refute
that?

sigh So I still have to do your homework for you?

From Nikons site and specs, total pixels:

D80:
Image Sensor: RGB CCD, 23.6 x 15.8mm; total pixels: 10.75 million,
Nikon DX format

D200:
Image Sensor: RGB CCD, 23.6 x 15.8mm; total pixels: 10.92 million

Clearly not the same. The output channel count is also different, 4
for the D200 and 2 for the D80. See the quotes below for reference.

Eh? Looks like Nikon aggrees with our buddy and not you:

"Weight: Approximately 1 lb. 5 oz. (585g) without battery, memory
card, body
cap, or monitor cover"

Hahaha....so how is the fact that the numbers are different, but to
you they're the same? It's a small difference I agree, but that's just
one of many factual errors. Other review sites get it right, why can't
Rockwell? Could it be he doesn't know what he's talking about?

You REALLY REALLY need to back up your answers.

Here's your backup references as promised above:

They have the exact same
number of pixels according to Nikon @ 3872x2592. That is pretty
specific ...
to the pixel, don't you think?

One more time...that's effective pixels for the final image. The
sensors are not the same, even Nikon has been quoted as saying this.
From Nikons site in their press release:

"The D80 features a new 10.2 effective megapixel DX Format CCD image
sensor"

Also from several reviews on the net that say the same as this quote
from Imaging Resource.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/D80/D80A.HTM

"This is the same basic number of pixels as are in the D200, but the
sensor isn't identical. They're both CCD, but the difference, as far
as we know at this date, has mostly to do with readout speed. The D200
has a four-channel data readout, while the Nikon D80 has only a
two-channel readout."

So, far every one of your accusations has been refuted as incorrect
and you
have yet to discredit Ken's comparison values.

Right...believe what you want then...stick a fork in me, I'm done.