Old August 26th 05, 08:17 AM
David J Taylor

Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
Just saw an invitation to a press conference on Sep. 1 where
Nikon is going to announce several new products. No details
yet - just the assurance that this will be interesting.

Hence, the field is open for speculation, which is probably what
Nikon wants. Just a new flash, lens or yet another P&S after
Canon's 5D announcement would be lame - rather than interesting.
The D100 is overdue for a replacement, and the D2x is not, so my
money is on that the main event will be the D200.

The $64000 question (although I hope it retail for less than that)
is whether it will be FF or not.

I sincerely hope they do provide a full-frame camera at some point in the
near future - all this using large and bulky 35mm bodies and mounting toy
sensors in them which limit wide-angle capability has gone on for too
long! G (I don't think they will do that on September 1st, though).

On the ZLR front, I would like to see a move from the 8MP sensor down to a
less-noisy 7MP sensor or something which gains low-light capability, with
an improvement to the telephoto aperture on both the Coolpix 8400 and
8800, and the addition of image stabilisation to the 8400.

David