Old October 23rd 04, 03:23 AM
Roger

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:06:26 -0400, "George"
wrote:

Am I the only one who is really annoyed by (and hates) the newer Nikon snap
on lens caps? The older snap-on caps had the snap on mechanism on the side
of the cap such that you would hold and install the cap with one hand...the
newer ones have the latch mechanism on the FRONT of the cap so that you
cannot depress the catch and hold the cap without it wanting to move away
from your hand. Does anyone know of any reason this design MIGHT be
considered better and not just a crappy design? The way the cap wants to
move away from the hand, I'm worried about scratching my lens. Geez, I'm
thinking of buying a decent lenscap and smashing this POS.

Love 'em. The first time I saw one I said, "It's about time".

I can put the things on and take them off without having to remove the
lens hoods. I have no problems with them trying to slide away from my
hands.

If I could get them for an even trade I'd replace all of mine with the
new ones.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
George