Old December 17th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
SteveB

Default Rechargeable batter life related question

If they're rated similar to Uniross Hybrios (same technology), the Eneloops
are good for 5 years life.

"Paul Rubin" wrote in message
writes:
Is it normal for these kinds of batteries after 2 years of normal use?
I read a rechargeable battery review on the Internet where they rated
Energizer 2300 mAh batteries on top.

I am wondering if I should buy new set of batteries or if there is
something wrong with the charger.

I think those batteries may have a high rate of early failure. I have
a lot of bad ones myself. I suggest getting some new batteries. I
suggest Sanyo Eneloops. These are being marketed as some kind of new
technology that reduces self-discharge, but I think they're just
existing technology applied more conservatively instead of trying to
reach the limits of capacity. The result (in my theory) is lower
capacity, slower self-discharge, and more reliability, similar to the
old 1700 mah cells.