Old March 16th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Mike

Default Newbie says hello

Welcome. Many of us who still shoot film have moved on to www.apug.org

Check it out!

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:41:45 -0700, kopite64 wrote:

Hello Ladies and Gents

1st post just thought I would say hello, having enjoyed reading the
historical posts for a few weeks now, while searching for a reasonably
priced entry in the world of Medium Format photography. Straight from
a digital compact I was lookingfor something to get to grips with then
make a decision about upgrading later.

Then today I had a fantastic piece of luck a local retiree who is
moving to smaller accomodation has put his entire camera/darkroom
equipment collection up for sale. I was told it included a mint,
unused Yashica Mat 124G!

So with the usual "yes okay mint and unused" suspicions I went around
and have not stopped smiling since.

A genuine 124G MINT UNUSED the leather case is gleaming not even a
fingerprint in site the battery had never been fitted. The meter
worked first time I popped the battery in and the shutter sounds sweet
across all speeds it is so nice the wife said but it in the display
cabinet and do not use it! Thats how good it looks. It cost me £90
about $165 I cannot believe my luck. The guy explained he won the
Yashica Mat with some pictures taken with his Pentax 6X7 and never
felt the need to try it.

So what shall I load up with for my first test shots? I am planning to
do some local architecture/landscape and some informal portraiture of
my kids.

Which film will blow me away?

I was thinking of maybe Fuji Neopan Across 100. Any suggestions as to
what I should christen it with?

Looking forward to the chat and sharing my experiences with this new
old camera.

Cheers Paul.