Old September 15th 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
corks

Default Recommendations for Tripod

i ve got a manfrotto one which is great , but it also heavy and expensive

ive got a smaller slik one and that does the job fiine

"Steve Chesney" wrote in message
I'm interested in advice on a good low-cost general purpose tripod for use
with my Panasonic DMC-FZ7.

I would like this for occasional flower, bird or landscape pictures.
Every now and again I would like to set up a panorama sequence for
stitching together later in software.

Ease of use is important as is light weight. Without those attributes it
will be forgotten too many times. It also can't be much more than $120
or so -- I can't imagine spending nearly as much on the tripod as on the
camera itself.

Any success stories out there?