Old June 13th 21, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default crop thumbnail

In article , Scott Lurndal
wrote:

If you want to remove the EXIF data (which also contains the thumbnail),
you can use Exifer:
http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

Exifer comes up with a 404 not found in the tucows link at bottom.

your original question was to save a valid thumbnail, not remove it.
that happens automatically when saving the photo.

if you want to remove it, then use exiftool.

I don't want to remove the EXIF thumbnail nor do I want to save it.

your original question was to save a new thumbnail of the cropped image.

you followed the above link about removing the thumbnail, so clearly
removing it was also of interest to you.

I only want to reset it to what the current cropped photo contains.
When I send someone that photo it contains that reset EXIF thumbnail.

that's called saving a new thumbnail.

as i said before, when you save the cropped image, a new thumbnail is
automatically created which is a miniature version of the image. that's
the whole point of having a thumbnail.

you also asked this as a separate post in the win10 group without
cross-posting to both groups.

it's quite obvious what you're up to. you can run but you can't hide.